Occupational Health Centre Q & A
Here at Reddy Urgent Care, our board-certified physicians have all of the experience, training, and education necessary to care for workplace injuries and facilitate a safe working environment to prevent future workplace injuries and illnesses! For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. Serving Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Westminster, Seal Beach, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Stanton, CA.
What is the meaning of occupational health service?
Occupational health is a medical field dedicated to the prevention, care, and promotion of health and safety practices for workers in a workplace environment. As such, occupational health doctors focus on such things as the following:
- Injury prevention and rehabilitative care
- Encouraging and improving safe working practices and environments
- Ergonomics (i.e., the study of how one works and how they could work more efficiently and safely)
- Education about first aid, safe working practices, and health and safety promotion for both employers and employees
- Monitoring the overall health of a given workplace.
What are the types of occupational health services?
There are numerous services that occupational health programs provide for employees and employers alike! Some of those services include the following:
- Flu shots and immunizations: In order to prevent the spread of infectious illness or disease, occupational health providers can administer any necessary flu shots or vaccinations to workers that require them.
- Health, safety, and wellness promotion: Occupational health physicians provide a wealth of resources and information to workers on safe working practices, how to navigate risks and hazards specific to their employment, injury prevention, as well as emotional, mental, and physical wellness.
- Illness or injury care: For any illness injury suffered at work, whether as a result of violence, exposure to harmful chemicals, mishandling equipment, or a fall, occupational health doctors can provide both initial treatment for the ailment and ongoing rehabilitative care to help the individual return to work.
- Physical examinations: Depending on the specific nature of the work, occupational health physicians can provide a broad range of physicals, from Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals to pre-employment physicals to routine physicals that are all tailored to the specific concerns of the workplace environment.
- Physical therapy: For any injury suffered at work, occupational health doctors can provide physical therapy to help the individual rehabilitate their injury with the end goal of returning to work.
- Specialist referrals: If an injury or illness suffered at work requires a specialist’s services, an occupational health physician can provide you with a referral to an excellent specialist near you.
If you have any questions about the specific services we provide as part of our occupational health programs at Reddy Urgent Care, feel free to call us
When should I contact occupational health services?
As an employee, you should contact an occupational health doctor when you experience a work-related injury or illness that keeps you from work for an extended or recurring period or significantly hinders your productivity at work. You should also consider seeing an occupational health doctor if you notice that your employment or the way you work causes significant mental or physical stress or discomfort. It is also a good idea to seek an occupational health physician’s help if you have experienced an extracurricular injury or illness that has kept you from work and are considering returning to work. The occupational health physician can provide you with a return-to-work plan that ensures you are physically fit to return to work safely.
As an employer, you should get in touch with occupational health services if your business or company does not have a functioning occupational health program available for your employees or if you are concerned about the health and safety of the workplace environment.
We welcome you to contact us at Reddy Urgent Care in Huntington Beach, CA, for exceptional occupational health services! We happily accept walk-in appointments at 7772 Warner Ave, Suite 103, during the hours of 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM from Monday to Friday or from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on weekends.