Occupational Health Centre Questions and Answers
Here at Reddy Urgent Care, our occupational health center is rife with board-certified physicians who know how to make a workplace environment operate safely! For more information, call us. We serve patients from Bixby Knolls Long Beach CA, Jordan CA, Carmelitos CA, Jackson CA, Lakewood CA.
Table of Contents:
The three main components of occupational health are 1) injury prevention in the workplace, 2) rehabilitation for a workplace injury or work-related illness, and 3) education about first aid, correct work procedures, and health and safety promotion for both employees and employers. Occupational health services are conducted by board-certified physicians with experience, education, and training in diagnosing, managing, and preventing disease and injury that are caused or worsened by factors present in the workplace environment.
If you would like to learn more about how our occupational health program works at Reddy Urgent Care, under the guidance and expertise of Dr. Usha Rani K. Reddy, MD, we invite you to give us a call us.
Occupational health covers a broad range of services, from physical exams to physical therapy! The following are some examples of occupational health services:
• Health, safety, and wellness education: The supervising physician of the occupational health program will provide resources and information for workers on how to navigate health and safety risks that are unique to their occupation, how to prevent injury, and how to stay physically fit for the job.
• Immunizations: If any employees in a certain workforce or company lack necessary vaccinations or require a flu shot, the occupational health doctor can provide those services to minimize the risk of spreading infectious diseases amongst the workplace.
• Injury care: If you have suffered an injury at work, whether through violence, falls, or mishandling of equipment, a physician can provide you with care for your injury, as well as a back-to-work plan so that you and your employer can know when you are well enough to return to work.
• Physical exams: Whether the employment requires a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, a pre-employment physical, or a routine physical exam, an occupational health physician can provide thorough and comprehensive physicals that are tailored to the specific stresses and hazards of the workplace environment.
• Physical therapy: As part of a return-to-work plan, physical therapy can be provided with occupational health services to help your body rehabilitate back to proper working function.
• Specialist referrals: If you have a work-related injury or illness, whether caused or worsened by the workplace environment that requires a specialist’s services, an occupational health doctor can provide you with a referral to a top-rated specialist in your area.
• Telemedicine: If you need to reach one of our occupational health doctors but cannot make it into the clinic, we offer telemedicine services so that you can receive the occupational health services you need wherever you are!
Occupational health services function to protect and promote workers’ health and wellness in a particular workplace while also improving the working conditions and workplace environment to be conducive to the collective health and well-being of everyone employed at the workplace. As such, occupational health encourages safe working practices, implements ergonomics, which is the study of how one works and how they could work more efficiently and safely, and monitors the overall health of the workplace.
If you are an employer or employee looking for an occupational health center in the Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach, CA, we welcome you to come and check us out at Reddy Urgent Care! We accept walk-in appointments at 4237 Atlantic Ave in Long Beach, California, every day of the week from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM and every weekend from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.